Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Compound sentence challenge

Compound Sentence Challenge:

LI: identify and create compound sentences

A compound sentence has two or more ideas joined together by connectives.
e.g: Sweets taste good, but they can be bad for you.
                   (sentence 1)    (connective)    (sentence 2)

Challenge 1:


Click on the image below to practise identifying compound sentences


Challenge 2:


Use this weeks word list to write a compound sentence about each word in your list.
eg: Sweets taste good, but they can be bad for you.
Angle-
An Angle can fly, and birds can too.
Bacon-
My mum likes bacon burgers, and I like them too.
Cadet-
The army requested cadets, when America declared war at Vietnam.
Crease-
I don’t like when my brother puts a crease in my clothes, then he will have to iron them.
Current-
Mrs Anderson sets us Current events tasks, while coming up with new learning ways to help us.
Death-
Some people have painful deaths, when others have peaceful ones.
Eagle-
An eagle is a bird, therefore a sparrow is a bird too.
Fancy-
Most couples have fancy weddings, however some don’t.
LIme-
Limes are green, when lettuce is too.
Grave-

Some people visit graves, when others are too scared too.  

Here I had to complete this compound sentence challenge using the words from this weeks spelling words, I used connective words to join my sentences together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.