Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

Letter to the Howick Historical Village



Panmure Bridge School
Kings Road
Panmure
Auckland

12 July 2013

Dear Mrs Hallam, Mrs White, and Mrs Hill                                    

Thank you so much for teaching us about how it was back in the old days and how they played and made games and toys.  My favourite outdoor game was playing double dutch with the ropes. The toys that I really liked  were the ones when you had to spin the wheel, and the  periscope, I thought that was fun!  I learnt a lot. Some of the things that I remember was that a cow has 4 stomachs and what the names were of some money was used back then. I also learnt some rules that you had to follow if you were a student in 1900. I’m glad I got to school in 2013 because I found sitting up straight and keeping my hands on my lap really challenging.  I found that the tour was really interesting when I saw how the houses, cottages, and tents that people back then had to live in.




This is a picture of me playing with the spinning wheel.

Once again thank you very much for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

Your sincerely,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.